Monday, December 12, 2011

Coming in 2012: Insulated Lunch Totes

I've finished my first successful sample of a new item for 2012: an insulated eco lunch tote! This one is specifically geared towards children but I am considering making them for adults as well.  I have been struggling with making them as affordable as possible but the cost of materials is quite high for these. For this sample I used some wonderful new fabrics by Khristian A Howell from her collection called "The Woodlands". (How adorable is that acorn print?)



A bit about these lunch totes:

  • they are machine washable (all fabrics have been pre-washed and pre-shrunk)
  • they are insulated
  • they measure 11 inches wide at the top and 9 inches wide at the bottom x 9 inches high x 5 inches deep
  • they are lined with a water resistant ripstop nylon
  • they have a small pocket on each side between the straps
  • the straps are long enough for children to carry over their shoulder


More pictures:




As you can see, there is plenty of room inside. I could fit a juice box and more items other than these 3 containers. I will also be making coordinating snack bags and sandwich bags, also machine washable.


I'm pretty excited about these! I have so many great fabrics that I washed in preparation for making these lunch totes. I have 2 other new projects that I am working on but I am still in the design stages. :)

1 comment: