Sunday, December 4, 2011

A handmade Christmas

My Etsy holiday sales were a bit slower than I expected this year - which is bad but also great because I can devote more time to making gifts for my family.

I have purchased a few patterns from Bit of Whimsy Dolls and I plan on making my daughter the Rose doll and most of the clothing patterns. So far I have made the romper and the summer dress with matching shoes. I made a few changes to the patterns because my daughter wouldn't be able to tie the bows so everything has elastics instead.

For the shoe pattern, I substituted the ribbon ties with a piece of 1/4 inch wide elastic that is approximately 3 1/4 inches long. It worked fantastically and the shoes are fairly easy to slip on and off.

The neck opening for both the romper and the summer dress normally closes with a ribbon as well but I used the same elastic as the shoes. I did find the outfits looked a little plain without the pretty ribbon so I've sewn a little ribbon bow to the front of each outfit. It is difficult to see from the photos but the arm openings are on each side near the top.


Romper


Summer Dress

I am waiting on a pale grey cotton to make the bunny doll and I also plan on making her a tote or some kind of case to hold all of the little outfits. Hopefully this will encourage her to keep everything in one place instead of spreading them all over the house like she usually does. :)

I will post new photos as I create more outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment