Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Petunia Pouch - a work in progress



I'm trying something a little different and working on a new pattern for a zipper pouch this time. I wanted to create a pouch that was different than your typical square or rectangular pouch so I decided to try a rounded zipper top. It was a bit tricky because of the curves but with a little clipping of seams at the right places, it worked out great. As a bonus, I discovered that this style of opening allows the pouch to open nice and wide allowing easier access to the contents of the pouch.


I am working on some options for the pouch - probably just different outside embellishments and a patchwork option that will be great for using up small fabric scraps.

Stay tuned for the launch of this pattern early in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment