Wednesday, April 22, 2015

New Pattern: The Rose Gathered Handbag

I've completely neglected this blog but with good reason - I've been busy! I had a little burst of popularity with my caravan totes so I was very busy sewing and then I got inspired to create a new pattern. This bag is a bit classier than my usual style but when I get an idea, I just have to create!

Introducing the Rose Gathered Handbag:


This bag is entirely made from woven fabrics with a focus center panel and coordinating side panels. Both sides of the bag look the same. There is a flap to which you can add either a magnetic snap or twist lock closure depending on your preference.



To give the bag some depth, I decided on a pleated bottom style with a total of 8 pleats.



On the sides of the bag, I created some channels and added some fabric ties which can be tied into bows or just knots - again, your personal preference!


On the inside, I included instructions for my favourite pocket configuration: 3 slip pockets and 1 zippered pocket.

There is no limit to what you can do in terms of fabric combinations, types of fabric. One of my testers, Rock Baby Scissors, decided to do a lovely rainbow patchwork for the center panel!


You can see more details about this new pattern in my Etsy pattern shop.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I am in love with this pattern but I cannot find it. Is there any chance you can still sell it to me?

    ReplyDelete