Friday, May 22, 2015

New Pattern: The Daisy Cross Body bag

I have been busy working on new pattern ideas lately - so many ideas, so little time! My latest pattern is the Daisy Cross Body bag. I wanted a mid-sized bag that included some patchwork and a different type of gusset. I also designed with the possibility of a zipper closure in mind since most prefer that type of closure.


 The most remarkable part of this bag is clearly the dresden plate style patchwork. It does require a bit more time and effort to complete but I think it is well worth it in the end! The possibilities are endless and I've done a bit of fussy cutting for mine.


You can also omit the patchwork - especially if you wish to feature a fabric with a fabulous print.


I do love bags with a gusset but wanted to make this one a little different. I decided to add 4 small pleats to the bottom of the main panels to give the bag even more depth. If you consider the pleats, the depth of this bag is about 7 inches!

I had originally intended for double shoulder straps but after some feedback, I noticed a clear preference for a cross body strap (a personal must for me) so I quickly changed to an adjustable strap.


I decided to create a simpler curve for the bottom of the interior top bands in case someone wanted to install a zipper closure instead of a magnetic snap closure. I did test it out and it worked well so I plan on publishing a free zipper closure tutorial in the near future.



For the bag's interior, I did my usual configuration: 1 zippered pocket and 2 slip pockets. Apart from the different top bands, the construction of the lining shell is exactly the same as the exterior.

The Daisy pattern is now available in my Etsy pattern shop here. If you wish to discuss this pattern or any other pattern I have designed, I have created a Facebook group dedicated to sewing patterns. You can request to join here.

7 comments:

  1. I am in love with the Trillium tote! I hope I win the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome bag!! I'd love to win your giveaway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The camera print bag is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is my favorite pattern. So pretty😃

    ReplyDelete
  7. These you will then see the most important thing, the application provides you a website a powerful important internet page: wholesale bath and body products

    ReplyDelete