Wednesday, July 8, 2015

New pattern: The Orchid Waist Bag

I noticed recently that I saw a lot of people walking around with small bags that to me, resembled fanny packs but that they were being worn on the back instead of around the waist. I had an ah-ha moment and decided that someone needed to design a pattern to replace that old unpopular "fanny pack" and come up with something more modern. And so I came up with the Orchid Waist/Sling bag!




This bag is a nice size and full of awesome features:
  • adjustable strap so the bag can be worn around your waist or on your back
  • main compartment with a zippered closure
  • 2 slip pockets inside
  • large front exterior pocket with a flap that also has a built in zippered pocket

Measurements for the bag are 11.5 inches W x 8.5 inches H. I can see this as a unisex bag depending on what fabrics you use. Here are a few photos to demonstrate!

Worn around the waist

Worn on the back but can also be worn on the front if you prefer

Nice and deep exterior pocket with a flap closure

Zippered pocket inside the front flap

Another view of that front pocket

2 slip pockets inside the bag
The Orchid Waist bag pattern is available today!

5 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I just got this pattern. The design is so cool! I'm a fan and this one is the third pattern I have from you. Just started to follow your blog too. I sell my bags on etsy at: www.NormasBagBoutique.etsy.com. Thanks for designing great patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love your Iris and Zinnia bags! Please feel free to post photos and show off in my Facebook group.
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/820874054675832/

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing the info, keep up the good work going.... I really enjoyed exploring your site. good resource...
    mens fanny pack

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been really impressed by going through this awesome blog. Nice post..

    Thank you

    Waist Pouch Pack


    ReplyDelete
  4. where i can get this pattern today??? it's so cool!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete